1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow running computer

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by mossstock, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mossstock

mossstock Thread Starter

Hi folks, ime new to this, so please bear with me. We have Windows XP, and use AVG and Counterspy for protection. This last week end, something called spylocked got through the 'defences' and caused havoc by pretentnding to be a system alert. i eventually managed to get rid of this nasty little thing by downloading Superantispyware, but it has left the computer running very slowly, programmes freeze (not responding, like only part opening, then just 'hang', not closing when required. can you offer any help please? Unfotunately i am handier with a spanner or with animals than computers, so could you please consider that when answering!!

thanks very much for your kind help,

John.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice