1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Scrolling/refresh rate problem?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tiger12, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tiger12

Tiger12 Thread Starter

I have been having trouble with xp after the upgrade from win2000 I think there is a default setting that I cant find to change causing it. So far whenever i scroll down in a window, whether it be in a fully loaded webpage in IE, a large folder, try to go into full mode for the visualizations on media player, it cant do any. It is set to use full hardware acceleration, and I never had trouble before trying to do these same things....My specs are 512 megs its either DDR or RDRam forget which, 1.6ghz p4 and all the other components are about the equivalent. I beleive its a refresh rate problem but I forgot how to change that in XP (Not in display properties, settings, advanced)...Any help would be great, thx. O and im running at the same resolution of 1280x1024 like before installing xp.

2. BTS '76

BTS '76

Refresh rate settings are in:

display propertys,click settings tab, advanced, click monitor tab.

I don't think that's gonna help your problem, but give it a shot and let us know.

3. dug

dug

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and it ended up being a driver for my video card. Im not a tech guy by any means, but this looked real familiar to me after I read this. I installed WinXP also. I just d/l'd the newest drivers from the website of my vid card maker and fixed it right up. Hope this helps??? Good luck.
    -dug-

4. Tiger12

Tiger12 Thread Starter

I downloaded updated drivers this morning and it helped, not enough though

hmmms

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice