1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow scrolling screen after loading WSP 2

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by iw0702, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iw0702

iw0702 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I deleted some files I had downloaded from the net, and a prompt came up that Some of the files might now cause my PC to be "unstable". It recommended that I get these files from the windows home edition, service pack 2, disc. In hindsight I think I should have used the restore function, but instead I loaded the whole disc! Everything seems OK apart from when I scroll down a page at anytime it is dead slow. The page seems to refresh every inch as it rolls down. Any advice would be appreciated before I have to call in the local PC fixers!!
    Ian, iw0702

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    What files did you download from the net, to come up with that message when you deleted them?

3. iw0702

iw0702 Thread Starter

Hello techkid,
    The files I downloaded to the C drive was a "free" film, until it asked me for cash for the password. Would leaving my specs on the thread help?

AMD 64 processor
    3200 +
    2.00 GHz
    512 MB of ram
    160 GB primary
    Maxtor 6Y16 0L0
    DVDRW IDE 16X

4. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Sounds to me like it was just a dud warning, but I'm not certain. Do you have a screenshot of it?

This scrolling problem, is this with a scroll-wheel mouse?

5. iw0702

iw0702 Thread Starter

Sorry but I don't have a screenshot of it, yes it is a Logitec Marble mouse/trackball.

6. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Are you using a Logitech wireless keyboard, as well? I came across this at the Logitech website:

This is the only reason I can think of that your mouse/trackball would act like that at this point.

7. iw0702

iw0702 Thread Starter

I have a smart office , EZ6000 keyboard hard wired. I uninstalled/installed the mouseware, no change. Hope its OK to add another symptom, when booting up, as the screen has changed from black and is going to the blue screen (desktop), the rolling effect is also happening! I appreciate your continued help

8. iw0702

iw0702 Thread Starter

I think I should maybe start again and reload the whole program, do you know if there is a right/clean way of doing this? Thanks again for your help Techkid. When I eventually find the answer I'll be sure and let you know, cheers.

9. moneyspider1

moneyspider1

Check the direct x diagnostic utility, both direct draw and direct 3d, also direct X features you can look at to see if direct draw acceleration is enabled,direct 3d acceleration is enabled,and the agp texture acceleration is enabled, It seems as though you have lost some kind of graphics driver, just a thought!!

10. iw0702

iw0702 Thread Starter

Hi Tech kid and moneyspider 1,
    Abject apologies for the lateness of my reply. My problem was I hadn't reloaded the correct drivers and was using the basic ones in the XP program.
    Sorry again, I will try to do better in the future!!
    Ian

11. moneyspider1

moneyspider1

No probs, nice to know it is sorted.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/449880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice