1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow speed using Devolo DLAN200

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DocBC, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocBC

DocBC Thread Starter

Recently bought a Devolo DLAN200 AV Wireless N Starter Kit. Set up as instructed. Took a while to work out my router settings. The kit now works but is extremely slow to download from internet. Wireless signal is fine. But whether I connect to the wireless, or connect to the ethernet port of the Devolo adapter, it is very slow. Via ethernet, I can get to a speed test site, and it shows less than 0.5Mbs. This compares with 6Mbs if I connect to the router's ethernet or wireless. I have tried other settings on my router, including all combinations of channels, but there is no improvement. I have tried other plugpoints around the house, but no difference. Devolo support on the phone was no use. Can anyone help?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It sounds like either that kit or your electrical system leaves a lot to be desired. For this kit does one plugin connect to the router by ethernet, and then computers can connect to the other plugin by ethernet or wireless? If so, try both plugins in the same room on the same electrical circuit and disconnect as much as possible (lamps, TVs, etc.) from that circuit. Any better?

How old is your residence? Is it single family, condo, etc.?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice