1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Start On Fast New Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chewie1012, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewie1012

chewie1012 Thread Starter

I just put together a new computer. Amd am2 6400. dual core 3.2 ghz WD Raptor 150 4 gig ram. Windows xp . It takes over a minute to boot up. Usually with a system like this I can get boot times of 45 secs or less. It was booting faster. I did a bios update and it seemed to slow down. I backed the update down one level and it helped a bit but still slow. I was having problems with the windows hardware driver for the onboard lan. Found a better driver from the motherboard site and that took care of the lan. The board is a Asus m3a78-emh hdmi. The memory is kingston ddr2 pc6400. Clean install of windows xp. There is not a lot of programs on it. There is 31 processes running. This computer has onboard video but it is using a power color Radeon X800 gto 16 pci express video card. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/711450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice