1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Start Up and apparent graphic display problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Levy, Feb 7, 2007.

?

Do desktop icons display text boxes around their descriptions over a desktop theme?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levy

Levy Thread Starter

Please Help - Have you had this problem?

When windows loads, there is a delay after the welcome screen appears. This delay occurs after the window screen and before the desktop loads. When the desktop does load, the program icons have text boxes in the background color around the text. The text should appear (in white) with NO COLORED TEXT BOX BACKGROUND - i.e. transparent text over background windows theme or picture.

I have seen this problem on several computers. How can I fix this problem?

Lawrence
    (514) 984-9626

2. gurutech

gurutech

Right-click on your background, then click properties. On the Desktop tab, click the Customize Desktop button (at the bottom), then click the Web tab.

Make sure nothing is checked on this page. Save settings if you made any changes.

3. Levy

Levy Thread Starter

Thank you gurutech for your help,

I followed the directions you gave me ...

"Right-click on your background, then click properties. On the Desktop tab, click the Customize Desktop button (at the bottom), then click the Web tab.

Make sure nothing is checked on this page. Save settings if you made any changes.

Unfortunately, it did not help. I still have blue boxes around my white lettered icon descriptions, (located under each desktop icon) My background image is : Azul. When windows starts, i wait as the welcome screen appears for about 30 seconds before the desktop appears. When the desktop does appear, the program icons load with blue boxes (my default color in display settings) around the text areas situated below each program icons. These blues boxes (they could be any background color) should be transparent allowing the "azul" background to show through. I believe the slow load. blue screen load with icons ... then azul picture background load ... then blue boxes around icon text appear as the icon program images fill in.

I have seen this problem now on several computers. Can you help?

Lawrence :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice