slow start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pathoppy

Hi
my lap top windows 7. acer aspire v3-571 is working perfectly but startup is painfully slow take at least 5 minutes to get any search engine (I have timed it)
I have run avast malware bytes anti malware, Avast, disc clean up, defrag
No new programmes have had all mentioned for good while It is only start up I have the problem with.
I do not know how to get into startup when I click on it nothing happens
I do not want to dable in it to much until iv'e had some advice
Len

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Type MSCONFIG in the search or run box.

When the System Configuration window appears, click the "Startup" tab.

Advise how many entries have a checkmark next to them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Type SERVICES.MSC in the search or run box.

When the Services window appears, expand it so you can see the list more clearly.

Advise how many entries have their "Startup Type" on Automatic and Automatic (Delayed Start).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online