Slow startup after installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Arnack

I just installed Windows XP, and I have all my drivers, but it is still pretty slow, and starts up very slowly. Any common solution?
Thanks,
-Arnack

Well, XP uses more memory from I am guessing whatever it is you upgraded from... I recommend you have at LEAST 1gb or ram on your computer to have it run at a nice speed... if you have 1gb of ram already let me know.. and theres probably something else then...

also, what type of computer do you have and what processor are you running? how old is your computer?

Arnack

I formated actually, and I have 2gigs of ram. Also it's a homebuilt computer. My computer is 2 years old.

Arnack

cheaseeater said:
Is this your first operating system? If not, did you format the harddrives correctly?
No, I've done this many times before.

Arnack said:
I would think it did that for me.
Not necessaryily . . depends on the system ( as yet unknown ) . . look in Device Manager for devices with no drivers install;ed.

Arnack

Very slow. I actually took out a jumper from my HDD to get the installation working. Don't know if that's a problem.

Arnack said:
Very slow. I actually took out a jumper from my HDD to get the installation working. Don't know if that's a problem.
Could be is it slow in the bios, perhaps searching for a device? Or just slow in general, and have you checked what is running in startup?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online