Slow startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gareth

My computer all of a sudden changed the way it starts up; it now says that the user account is restricted, although I am the only user on the computer and we do not need a guest account (that account is off but I would like for the computer to go directly to my home page without making me click on me as a user) Also, the screen says "windows is loading" for at least 10 minutes before it gets to where I can click into my account. Please help me!

hello, we can assume you are using xp? Can you post a hijack this log in this thread. It's a free tool to help experts here analyze what may be wrong.... the link for it is below. Before you do that though, download and run adaware and spybot... also below and free-use tutorial links on how to set them up......Here's how to post a Hijack this log here [and remember wait here for advice before you 'Fix' anything with it] (y)

Run Hijack This from your Program Files folder (NOT a temporary files folder) or you may loose the ability to undo any changes you make later using the Hijack This back-up feature.

Close all open windows/and any open web browsers and then open Hijack This. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and then save it to NotePad. Click on “Edit” – “Select all” – “copy” and then “paste” into the thread.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET;- Await further analysis here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online