1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow transfer rate through my network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by RavRob, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavRob

RavRob Thread Starter

I use XP Pro with SP3

I use Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4) to connect to my network/internet.

My router is a DLink dir655

I use FileZilla to transfer movies etc to my hardrive connected to my WDTV (media player). My network connection is via Netgreat powerline Adapters.

All I get is about 200 to 500kbs. I am told that enabling Flow Control and disabling Jumbo Frames could make a difference however, I have no idea how to do this. Is this something in my modem console screen? In my Internet Card?

I need help to see if I can speed up the transfer process.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The bottleneck may be in your power line connection. For testing purpose, can you temporarily bypass the power line adapters with a wired Ethernet connection?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice