1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow transfer speeds

Discussion in 'Networking' started by goffer, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goffer

goffer Thread Starter

I'm doing a network for a small business. All the computers are on a domain and the domain controller is running on the server. I'm also trying to setup Active Directory so that users can login to their account at any of the six workstations in the building. However, for some reason I'm only getting ~46kb/s transfer rates across the network which is obviously pathetic. Consequently, Active Directory is impossible to do right now as there is no way to sync large amounts of files with such a slow transfer speed. I've included in the image below a rough sketch of how the network is laid out. Do any of you have any ideas as to why everything is going so slow?

2. mozzacajun

mozzacajun

have you had the lines tested? who ran them? how long ago were they run? what devices are in between? what type of NIC's are in the machines? all the same link speed & duplex? all on the same subnet? nothing accidentally hard coded? There's 7 questions to keep you busy

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

And the image is where? :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice