Slow uploading speed on new laptop, but fine with others

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mornelle25

I recently bought this new laptop in Canada, where I'm from, and have moved to Mexico and my uploading speed has become terribly slow. I can't stream anything, while another laptop, much older in the same house, using same network, streams video etc without any problems, and my speed tests are all over the place. I just want to be able to stream at the same speed as other laptops in the house, plus, it's a new laptop! Please help. I am also, sadly, not very tech savvy, so I feel helpless.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8069 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (170 GB Free);
Motherboard: KBL, Suntory_KL
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Update your network card driver and see if things improve. New PCs usually ship with older drivers. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and find your network adapter. Right click on it and choose Update.

mornelle25

Thanks. It said the best drivers were already installed. Is there anything else I could try?

TerryNet

Terry
This is my preferred order for finding drivers:

1. PC manufacturer's web site,
2. Motherboard manufacturer's web site,
3. Device manufacturer's web site,
4. A "drivers" site, such as DriverGuide,
5. Anywhere you can find one that might work,
6. Let Device Manager try to find one.
7. Use Windows Update.

(4 through 7 are really tied, and with Windows 7--and maybe 8/8.1-- the Windows Update should be at least 4th. The main message is that the first three are almost always to be preferred.)

Couriant

James
Try this to find out the information: In command prompt, type the following command:

upload_2019-1-8_13-28-52.png

Couriant

James
Here is the driver for the wireless card.
https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless LAN/Wireless LAN_Intel_19.60.0_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636385561377096824&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=SWIFT&Step3=SF314-52G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

There is a set up file in the ZIP file.

You should be able to uninstall the current driver from Device Manager by using the Uninstall Driver, then install this driver

Also, check the BIOS version in Command prompt by typing wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion and if it shows Version 1.05 then you may want to consider updating the BIOS as well (current version is 1.09). Note that this is a delicate process so if anything happens to the machine while it's updating, then the computer may not work at all.

This is a link.
https://global-download.acer.com/GD...&Step3=SF314-52G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

However if you got this brand new, you will be under warranty so you may want to contact Acer before doing the BIOS.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online