Slow Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Giniene

I have a fairly new Dell Inspiron 531S. It's less than a year old; I don't use it often because it runs very slowly. I'm sure it's a hardware issue but I don't get any of this hardware stuff. It has 512MB of RAM. My C Drive is total size 64.4 GB; free space is 40.9. Can anyone guide me through what I need to make this run quicker? I appreciate any information I can get. Thank you!

For starters try upgrading the ram, 1GB is recommended and you would notice an improvement with just that upgrade. Also, Dell installs alot of unnecessary programs, if you don't use them you really don't need them

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Just because a program is install, does NOT mean it will slow down a machine. BUT, if that program is set to start on boot up, then yes it MAY slow down the machine.

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Fwiw. Did you buy it new?
Where did you find that it had 512mbs ram? It should have 2 Gbs as standard.

Giniene

Thank you, everyone. It says 512 MB in the system information.

I think I'm going to try upgrading the RAM; is this difficult to do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.