Slow WiFi Connection

ivarthbnls

I have got Lenovo G500 laptop. running on windows 8.1 os. The problem I am facing is that my laptop's wifi connection speed has downgraded as compare to before. It hasnt been long since I am facing this problem. Wifi connection was pretty good and internet run smoothly earlier but now I get only one or two bar network and cant even get to open simple google homepage. I tried every availabe solutions/fixs on youtube and internet but no luck. I even formatted my laptop and reinstalled new os. But still the problem is same. How come a well functioning laptop behaves so strange and inappropriately ? HELP ME FIX MY LAPTOP. PLEASE. IS IT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM ? OR HARDWARE PROBLEM ? WHAT SHOULD I DO ???

Attachments

Couriant

James
I'm guessing your motherboard has been replaced at some point because the information on the report does not match the standard information for Lenovo. If this is the case, has this issue been happening since then?

Does the bar issue only happen at home? or everywhere else? How far are you away from the router? Considering your cell phone shows poor wireless too, have you reset your router?

1634915118694.png

ivarthbnls

I think the problem is with my router or something. When I used my phone as source of internet turning on its data and enabling hotspot and connected my laptop with it, it starts functioning well. It works. The wifi. The internet. No buffer. But why is this happening to the router based wifi ? getting poor signal. Regarding "motherboard change", I dont know if that has happened but what I do know is I gave it to repairmen long time ago to change harddisk of it. Can I change the wifi card or something to improve its connectivity to wifi ?

plodr

Liz
Internal wifi might be going bad.

You could purchase a USB wifi adapter, use that instead of the internal wifi adapter and see if the wifi is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online