1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Wireless Connection - Intel Centrino Wireless n-1030

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rickstones, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickstones

rickstones Thread Starter

I saw some people having trouble with extremely slow wireless connections using an Intel Centrino Wireless n-1030 card. The original thread is closed, so the problem may already be solved, but if anyone is still experiencing this problem, here is what worked for me:

This NIC is a dual band card (802.11 + bluetooth), and with some routers having the bluetooth enabled really slowed down the 802.11n connection (it didn't seem to happen with my netgear router, but when I switched to linksys, WHAMMO!).

Anyway, when I disabled the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager the problem was completely solved (uhhhh except I need to use a dongle to make my bluetooth mouse work now... small price to pay IMO)

Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience. Hope it can help someone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice