1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Wireless Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by stephen_lacman, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephen_lacman

stephen_lacman Thread Starter

Hey all,

I subscribe to Comcast internet service, at 10 mb/s. When connected wirelessly on my HP laptop, my internet is painfully slow, around 490 kb/s. However on my other laptop (a Sony VAIO) the internet speeds (wireless as well) are fine. Also, when I connect the HP by ethernet, the internet motors along at full speed. My specs are below, thanks in advance!

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3998 Mb
    Graphics Card: Windows Live Display Driver, 1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 291681 MB, Free - 121606 MB; D: Total - 13558 MB, Free - 2103 MB;
    Motherboard: Compal, 30F7
    Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from HP's web site. For an external card get the driver from the card manufacturer's web site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice