1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Wireless Network copying single files

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Tasselhoff, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have a strange problem with my 54mbit wireless connection in my laptop.

example :

1. I have two 3 Gig files that I want to copy to another PC, if I drag and drop both the files together the copy is really slow (300 minutes to complete)

2. However if I drag and drop one of the files and as this is copying I drag the other file at the same time so I have two copying at the same time the files copy in approx 30mins !!

If I look at Windows Task Manager / Networking in the first instance when both files are copied together I get approx 9% network utilisation, but in instance 2 where I have to copies going at the same time the network utilisation jumps to appros 40%.

Any idea why when I have 1 drag & drop copy session it is very slow but with two the copy are fast ?...

Cheers

Tass

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's a bit odd, can't say exactly why you see that. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice