1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Workstation to server login

Discussion in 'Networking' started by N2-4x4, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N2-4x4

N2-4x4 Thread Starter

Hello all and happy Friday!!

I have a server running Win 2000 Server and a 16 port Hub from that I have 10 workstations (8 XP Pro and 2 Win2000Pro). In Office 1 there is only one cat5 plug so I added a 5 port Linksys Hub so 2 computers could share the connection. In Office 2 same thing but I used a Linksys 5 port switch. All of the other offices connect to their own port (we are growing and running out of room). All systems are patched and running the latest drivers etc..

The problem - some computers login into the domain rather quickly while a few others can take minutes to come up. The ones that take awhile boot up fine and log off fine. Just when I CNTL-ALT-DEL type in user name and pass it takes a long time to load.
    In Office 1 - both systems (XP) take awhile to load after login but one (oneof the newest fresh install) will loose its connection to the server and other network resources overnight but will still connect to the internet no problem. I just log him off and and then log back on adn everything works after the long load time.
    I thought it was a driver issue but all the drivers are up to date. It is really aggrevating.

Thanks in advance for you help!:confused:

2. dai

dai

try installing the netbui protocol on the machines

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice