1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Yahoo EMail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DNeurococo, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DNeurococo

DNeurococo Thread Starter

Do any of you geniuses out there know why my "Yahoo" email pages load slower than a constipated snail?

I don't have this problem with MSN's "hotmail". Just for a test, I browsed around on Yahoo's "news" feature, and THOSE pages seemed to load reasonably fast. But, once I click on "check email" - - the page for my password: sloooooow, the page for "inbox": sloooow, the page for an individual message: sloooow. It is SO agonizingly slow that's it just not worth the wait!

This seems to happen all the time - - various days of the weeks, various times of day, so it's not a one time thing.

Any advice? Any suggestions for OTHER free email services?
    (I emailed "[email protected]", but no responce so far).

2. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

DN

I use Yahoo but I don't have that problem, I do however find that I sometimes can't get into my mail at all and to try back later.
    You already know about hotmail, that's what I use most . Have you tried mail.com or another one of mine is Netscape.net, you get 5mb of space with them and I have never had any problems.

3. Brooks

Brooks Guest

The only thing I can think of is that it may be the route that your packets are taking to get there. I use it all the time here at work for my personal email and the only time I see any problems is when there is a congestion on the route to yahoo.

You could try a different email provider.

As for hotmail, from here, hotmail is out a lot. I mean a lot. Yesterday the site was inaccessable for 4 hours.

Free email accounts.

http://www.onebox.com
    http://www.e-garfield.com (you think I jest)
    http://www.zzn.com/membersarea_en/home.asp?Mailring=Default

4. DNeurococo

DNeurococo Thread Starter

Hmmm. I'm surprised. I've used hotmail alot over a long period of time and I've rarely had any problems with them. I needed to separate things out into another account, so I thought I'd give Yahoo a try. But the problem persists! Slower than molasses in wintertime!

I was thinking maybe there was some kind of "conflict" thing because I already had the hotmail account and maybe hotmail was somehow interferring with Yahoo. Hotmail continues to work fine for me, Yahoo continues to be very slow. I guess I should just open a 2nd hotmail account, but that presents some problems because I already have things being sent to the Yahoo address. Any other suggestions for how I might fix the Yahoo slow load?

5. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

DN

Yahoo has a feature where you can have your mail forwarded to another email account so you could have it all sent to Hotmail. I've been using hotmail for a couple of years and rarely have a problem with it.
    There is a catch with the Yahoo forwarding though, you have to sign up to have a Yahoo Delivers account which means getting special offers from them. You could always filter all that out with Hotmail.

6. jm100dm

jm100dm

Do you have ad-terminator running in the background. Do a find for terminator and see if anything comes up.

jm100dm

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice