1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slowdown?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joe501, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe501

joe501 Thread Starter

hi
    i have a relatively new dell windows xp pc.
    it seems to me to be quite slow, especially logging on and off, and i thought that was simply because there are 4 different accounts on it. But my friend has just got a dell with win xp with 5 accounts and that logs on and off in no time at all.
    is there anything i am doing wrong/can do to fix this?
    thanks in advance...

2. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

First things first. How do your system specifications compare? How much RAM does your system have and which programs are you using?

Are you taking adequate anti-virus and anti-Trojan precautions?

Try Microsoft's Free Beta AntiSpyware program first and see what it can do.

Then, if you don't use them already download, update check the settings, and run AdAware SE & SpyBot SD and see what they find AFTER using Microsoft's program.

Then ... download, install & update SpywareBlaster. You don't have to do anything with this one except to make sure that all the protection is enabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice