slowdown?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joe501

hi
i have a relatively new dell windows xp pc.
it seems to me to be quite slow, especially logging on and off, and i thought that was simply because there are 4 different accounts on it. But my friend has just got a dell with win xp with 5 accounts and that logs on and off in no time at all.
is there anything i am doing wrong/can do to fix this?
thanks in advance...

RAM-PAGE

Banned
First things first. How do your system specifications compare? How much RAM does your system have and which programs are you using?

Are you taking adequate anti-virus and anti-Trojan precautions?

Try Microsoft's Free Beta AntiSpyware program first and see what it can do.

Then, if you don't use them already download, update check the settings, and run AdAware SE & SpyBot SD and see what they find AFTER using Microsoft's program.

Then ... download, install & update SpywareBlaster. You don't have to do anything with this one except to make sure that all the protection is enabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online