1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sluggish Computer

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by cotsman, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cotsman

cotsman Thread Starter

computer is noticeably sluggish (slow starts for applications, slow for cursor). Task mgr shows it is working hard even though there is very little running. A look at the resource monitor showed that VAIO Content Metadata Intelligent Data Manager is hogging up about 25% of CPU time. I removed this process and it seems to help.
    Not sure if this means anything, but I am noticing while I'm typing this my cursor is jumping unexpectantly while typing.

The computer is Sony VPCEB24X, with core 3 processor running Windows 7 premium 64 bit.

I followed the instructions for this site and have loaded the hijack and GMER files, but was unable to run the other file. I did not know how to stop a script blocker.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dave

Attached Files:

2. cotsman

cotsman Thread Starter

Just jumping up in the queue per website instructions for new thread over 24 hrs old.

3. cotsman

cotsman Thread Starter

bumping up again

4. cotsman

cotsman Thread Starter

bumping up again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice