1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sluggish HP nc6400 Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dino7, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dino7

dino7 Thread Starter

Dear Friends, hope this finds you well.

I have an older but pretty reliable HP nc6400 laptop.

I'm not sure of reasons behind all this? The best it has ever operated was after a fresh install of Vista..which took a considerable amount of time.

More recently over time it seems to "hang" more and is slower at just about everything. At Startup from Msconfig I only have the AV running. I do regular maintenance along with MWBytes, Defrag's, etc...

I know AOL webmail and AOL software is quite bloated, but i do use it and like it overall.

After booting the computer and logon to AOL webmail it hangs there for about a minute as one example. I do use AdBlock, but even if I disable that it still hangs.

My question(s) would be along the lines of how can I speed things up a bit? maybe tweak things a bit. Or am I just asking too much of this laptop?

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions you fine folks may have in this regard short of another installation of Vista?

Thank You!
    Sincerely, Raffaele

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1526 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM), 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 57230 MB, Free - 29921 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 30AD
    Antivirus: Avira Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice