1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sluggish Performance after Restart

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MaFire, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MaFire

MaFire Thread Starter

My computer's performance is very sluggish after my computer reboots. Before I reboot, my computer is running fine. And this isn't just after I install a program, it's everytime I restart the computer. Starting with the logon screen where I choose which user to login as, the loading is very slow. So, I am forced everytime I need to reboot to shut down my computer, let it rest 5 minutes, then turn it back on. It isn't as sluggish then. And also it seems the performance after I reboot is very sluggish at the beginning, but after I let it load for about 10 minutes it's a little faster but still not as fast as if I shut down my computer and let it rest for 5 minutes, or just leave it on all the time. When I look at the Task Manager and look at the performance tab right after I restart, the CPU usage is at 100%? Any help to make rebooting not slow my computer performance down once I boot up is appreciated. Thank you!

2. MaFire

MaFire Thread Starter

bump?

3. colmaca

colmaca

click on the processes tab in Task Manager and see what is useing 100% off cpu and post back

4. MaFire

MaFire Thread Starter

Okay, but what does it have to do with my computer being slugish after reboot?? If it was the programs problem wouldn't it happen on every startup, not just when I reboot? I'll edit post when I get a chance to reboot and see what's happenin.

5. MaFire

MaFire Thread Starter

Whatever was open was taking up the CPU usage. Like task manager was when i was checking CPU uasage

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice