1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sluggish Window Resizing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jeffd0006, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffd0006

jeffd0006 Thread Starter

A fresh brand new install of Windows XP and it's already causing troubles.

Basically what happens is: Upon a fresh boot up everything seems to be acting fine. And then all of the sudden, maybe only a few minutes after rebooting, something triggers it and then my window resizing starts acting up. By acting up I mean, slow, sluggish, and laggy. I'll drag the bottom right corner of a window upwards left and it'll take a few seconds for it to actually respond and once it does respond it lags its way up to it's new position. It's annoying because of the sluggish speed and because it never really ends up where you set it, and if you try to resize multiple times to get the perfect size, it becomes nearly impossible, unless you are VERY patient. It'll fix itself upon a reboot, but then moments later the problem will persist.

Well at first I thought it was the Rhapsody software because that is where I first noticed the problem. I removed all instances of it and still the problem persisted. I then came to the conclusion that it must be the Vista Transformation Pack 6 (VTP6). After a clean uninstall of that, I was sad to have found that my problem still was left unfixed. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my ATi drivers a few times.

Now, keep in mind I have all fresh new hardware and a fresh new install of Windows. And no my computer isn't filled with spyware and viruses. I keep it very clean. I also have the latest Microsoft updates.

Programs currently installed that I am trying to determine if they are conflicting with something to cause the problem:
    AIM6
    AVG Free Edition
    CCleaner
    ClearType
    Foxit Reader
    Macromedia Dreamweaver 8
    Mozilla Firefox 2
    OpenOffice 2.1
    Skype 3.0
    Spyboy 1.4
    Steam
    Unlocker
    Windows Live Messenger
    Windows Media Player 11
    WinRaR

I have the latest ASUS chipset drivers installed and the latest ATi drivers installed as well.

I've searched Google left and right for an answer but have come across nothing. :(

2. jeffd0006

jeffd0006 Thread Starter

Anyone??? :(

3. jeffd0006

jeffd0006 Thread Starter

It's almost like the Mac OS on the LEFT, only worse...:
    [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538961

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice