SM Bus Controller Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

majorsf

Hello everybody,
i recently noticed that i have a yellow question mark in the Device Mangaer reffering to "SM Bus Controller".I'm using Windows Xp and the computer is:Toshiba Satellite L30-113 notebook.I only know that "Sm Bus Controller" is part of the motherboard but i don't know what kind of drivers should i download.The ones from the Intel website don't work.I would appreciate if someone could help me and telling me which drivers should i download,because the last thing i want to do is format...Thank you!

majorsf

I've tried those drivers but with no success-when i try to install them an error message appears-"You don't have the minimum system requierments"..

Did you get any disks for your pc when you bought it? You likely need the mobo drivers, but you can try the toshiba site or your mobo site.

majorsf

What is a mobo driver and what is the site i should download it from?

Your mobo driver usually contains drivers for your mobo, ie. chipsets like via and nvidia, audio like realtek, lan, and onboard video. These drivers are required after you install the OS (xp) for everything on your pc to work correctly. You can usually get them from the mobo site or the system mfg site (ie. Toshiba, dell, etc.).

Get CPU-Z 1.41 http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
Its a small program, and write down what it says under motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts