1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Small business network with Apple Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ashawyer, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashawyer

ashawyer Thread Starter

I recently purchased an apple airport extreme - the reason i did was because i have read good reviews and the articles talked about how easy it is to set up - plug in and play!!

Well, this is my situation...

I have a Macbook Pro, Intel Core Duo laptop with leopard installed.

I also have a fairly new windows desktop pc.

All i want is, to be able to connect my external hard drive to the airport and have the ability to use that as the main disk for the work side of things for my laptop and also for the PC.

I would also like to have the ability to transfer files from the PC to the Mac and visa versa

I have connected the airport to the broadband router, the pc to the airport using a lan cable and plugged in my external HD to the airport using USB.

the internet works fine, but i cant get the external HD working well, sometimes its there and sometimes its not.

i have run the airport utility on the mac and also on the PC and i cant seem to find out the problem.

Additionally i would like to be able to access the external HD for work.

I have a HP Officejet G85 printer connected to my PC - could i share it so i can print from my mac laptop.

I REALLY NEED HELP AS THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!