1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Small data base

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by seeneedee, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seeneedee

seeneedee Thread Starter

hi friend,

I want to maintain table which may be useful for raising the query easily .Please give the best solution to this (e.g VB,MS access) and give the step by step procedure to do this

2. IsolatedSnail

IsolatedSnail

Hmm, I'm confused what you are asking for here seeneedee. What type of data are you storing and what types of queries do you want to be able to execute? Could you give us some sample data and a sample query?

Access is good for simple database and query uses and many helpful how-to's can be found online. If you want something a little more robust you could always try something like Oracle 10g Express Edition which is a free home version of Oracle. Also, mySQL is available for free, but requires a more complicated and advanced setup.

-Kyle

3. seeneedee

seeneedee Thread Starter

hi kyle,

we maintaining the so excel sheets as day wise ,it will be consolidated week wise &month wise by manually,my requirement is i want to automise the weekly and monthly reports generation by rising some query on daily report.suggest some solution.

4. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

So your existing solution uses Excel spreadsheets, which are then collated manually to make the monthly reports ? If you are using Excel, you can try using either formulas or macros depending on the daily data as well as the desired output form of the data. I agree with IsolatedSnail in regards to having more information about the problem, possibly sample data and the desired type of output if possible ?

5. OBP

OBP

I would import the Excel data in to Access (if you have it) and then use Access.
    It has better input and output Controls than Excel and queries are designed to collate large amounts of data.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!