Small Movie Files For Web Sites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silverado4

Does anyone know of a program that I can use to export AVI or MPEG files to, to make them smaller for the internet. I purchased quicktime for windows 7.03 to export to MOV that makes them smaller, but I still would like them smaller yet if there is somthing else. I need the movies to come in faster, so people don't have to wait for them to download. Quicktime used to open while it downloaded, but it's not doing that anymore, don't know what happened. If you have any suggestions on that, please let me know. I have windows xp professional. Thanks Silverado...

Most of the NLE's allow you to compress your video to a host of formats (by the way, mpeg files are compressed files). The key to getting them smaller is to mess with your quality settings---in other words, compress them more (which delivers smaller files of less quality).

If you tell me what you are compressing with now, I can make some suggestions.

silverado4

I use ixisoft video convertor or 123 convertor and I can change the file formats to other formats, but I lose resolution. I also use quicktime 7.0 pro to export it to MOV after that, but I also lose resolution. The files take too long to download to view once people come to my website to view the movies. I use DVD movies about 7:00 minutes long export to MOV at 4.5 meg file and put on the internet. It takes about 1 minute to download this is too long. I need something to use with windows media so people don't have to download the free quicktime to view my files. They already have windows media. I just need smaller files. HELP.... I need a file that will start right away, while downloading. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
Silverado.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online