1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

small question on ram.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gordian, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gordian

Gordian Thread Starter

Hi, I just bought some new PC3200 ram for my Winfast NF4SK8AA mobo, I have an athlon 64 3500+ processor and a evga video card. The ram stick I just bought is a Centon 1GB stick of pc3200 and I have 512 Mb of infineon pc3200 ram(2x256). I also have 512 MB of samsung pc2700 ram. My question is, should I use only the pc3200 ram in the computer and have 1.5 gb of ram or have 2gb of ram inc. the 512mb of pc2700? I use the computer for some video editing and gaming, and I have little or no intention of overclocking the ram.
    Thanks in advance,

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If your machine supports the PC2700 then the machine will most likely make the PC3200 run at PC2700 speed. I wouldn't advise mixing the memory.

3. Gordian

Gordian Thread Starter

Thanks, just the reassurance i needed :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice