1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

small rectangle lagging slightly behind on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeevan777, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeevan777

jeevan777 Thread Starter

about a month ago a rectangle on my new-ish monitor starting lagging behind the rest of the monitor, im on a dual monitor setup and ive tried the basic turn it off un plug it and all of that. any ideas?

2. Sponsor

3. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Can you post a screen capture or picture?

4. jeevan777

jeevan777 Thread Starter

im not sure how to do that , i tried gyazo but the quality and fps is too bad to recognize it but it is exactly as it sounds , a rectangle about .1 seconds behind the rest of the monitor, it is in a diff place every time i turn on my computer and i dont know how to get rid of it

5. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

The "Print Screen" key will capture a screenshot.

If you are using Win7, you can also used Snipping Tool.

6. jeevan777

jeevan777 Thread Starter

no , its lagging in real time, so if my display is still it wont show anything because the screen .1 seconds ago would be the same, so that wont work. but i came across a video that called someting similiear to whats happening to me 'screen tearing' the only difference being that mine happens constantly. and thanks for trying to help me still .

7. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Tearing is the result of the screen refreshing while still trying to write the previous image.

Manually update/reinstall the video drivers.
    Ensure your desktop resolution matches your monitors native resolution (@ 60hz).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185449