1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Small Screenshot

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Ent, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Josiah
    If you want to take a screenshot of a single program, but for privacy reasons don't want to show the rest of the screen, press and hold ALT as you press the print screen button.
    Then paste it as normal; only the window you were using at the time will appear.

Alternatively, if you have Windows Vista or newer you can use the Snipping tool to specify which area you want to copy.

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    This is a great tip. I use CTRL+PrintScreen all of the time to capture only one window. It's especially useful when you have the monitor set at a high resolution and don't want to capture the whole 2000+ pixel screen. :)

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

That's a very handy thing to know, for sure. (y)

For webpages, I've found this tool is handy:

I use this: http://www.picozu.com/pages/shooter with my Firefox browser for taking a screenshot of a webpage. This nifty add on sits in my add-on bar at the bottom of my browser so it's always handy. It allows you to snip a small area of the screen (anywhere on the screen) or will take a screenshot of the entire page, not just the visible part.....there's been many times I want to have a screenshot of MORE of the webpage than what I can get in the visible part of my browser window and this tool allows me to take a screenshot of the whole thing all at once.

4. Boothbay

Boothbay Account Closed

I just use Print screen and it opens the Clipboard view of it...from there you can send it to most graphic programs..ie Paint and trim it there. I never used Cnt+print..

5. stantley

stantley

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I think you are right, Stantley. I was just using it this morning and had to redo it. ;)

7. hewee

hewee

8. Ent

First Name:
    Josiah
    Ooops!
    And I can't edit the tip. :(

9. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Corrected. :)

10. Ent

First Name:
    Josiah
    Now I remember why CTRL + PRTSCRN was in my head.
    Text interfaces, copying the screen as text with regular PrintScreen, and as a bitmap with CTRL.
    I wonder whether there's anything that actually implements that any more.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice