1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Small tab has popped up, duplicating main window

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by winga222, Jan 13, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. winga222

winga222 Thread Starter

A small window has appeared on screen, duplicated the main window. Actually, any tab is duplicated in a small window at the top. How do I eliminate this? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

It seems to be a feature of your browser. At least the tabs appears within your browser program window. What browser are you using ? Go into your browser's settings menu and look around in there. Just experiment, you won't damage anything - most of the settings are on/off switches and are reversible

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Click the little arrow that's next to the plus sign to the right of the last small window to minimize/hide it.

4. winga222

winga222 Thread Starter

I'm using Microsoft Edge. Is this what they're calling an InPrivate window? Clicking the little "x" in the corner closes not just the small window but the larger on as well. I can't figure out what I did to activate this bugger but I need it to go away. Thanks all!

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

Click the ^ symbol.

6. winga222

winga222 Thread Starter

Unfortunately that didn't work. That symbol (above the "6" on my keyboard, so I hit 6 Shift). Nothing changed. Thanks for the advise though. Hopefully another fix is available.

7. lunarlander

lunarlander

No you don't press a key on the keyboard, you click on the ^ symbol/icon on screen

8. winga222

winga222 Thread Starter

Well, duh. I should have figured that out on my own. That worked. Thanks!

9. lunarlander

lunarlander

You're welcome

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice