Smallest file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr. PC Doc

Anyone know the smallest type of file a file can be compressed into? TAR? RAR? CAB? ACE? UUE? Trying to send a huge file over the internet on AIM, and I want it to be fast... scince my friend has DSL. Whats the smallest type?

The more you compress, the more likely the file can get corrupted. That's what I heard.
Burn the file and send it via USPS? Just a thought.

It entirely depends on what sort of file.

Any audio (mp3 etc) or picture (jpg etc) or video (mpg etc) are already fully compressed and nothing will or can compress them any further. You need to process them in an appropriate editor first, and reduce the quality to reduce the size. Thats not and ideal option.

Any other binary file can be compressed but it depends on the type and content as to which is the best. Probably not a lot between the program options available though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online