1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

smart media card reads on camera but computer does not recognize wants to reformat

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mayaexpedit, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayaexpedit

mayaexpedit Thread Starter

My camera dropped from the seat of the van. When i went to use it the camera said i needed to reformat the card. I took the card out and tried it again and it was fine. I took more pictures with no problems. When i went to download the pictures into the computer the computer wouldn't recognize the card and says it needs to be reformatted. The camera still shows the photos taken. How can i download the photos and then reformat the card so i won't have future problems.
    i have an olympus c-4000 zoom. the smart media card is 32 mb PNY

2. Sparrow

Sparrow

It sounds like your useing the "software" to download the images.
    Go out of software.......goto your "C" drive via windows explorer and look for the drive allocated for the camera goto the drive and open folder and drag images to another folder on C-drive.

JUST MY OPINON...............................

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/175341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice