Smart Media Cards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

connie189

Hi,

Years ago, I used to use an Olympus D-380 camera; I used it daily and it "died".

I just purchased a used one on Amazon. The camera has everything but the original 18 MB Olympus Smart Media Card that came with. (Eventually, I bought a 32 MB card with my first camera). I don't have the Smart Media cards from my first purchase any longer. So have to purchase new ones.

Doesn't look like a large, nearby camera store carries them. I did spot cards on Ebay and Amazon. Some of the Smart Cards are labeled "Olympus". They are used.

There are other "generic"? cards but I'm not sure if they will work. Several people had written up complaints about the cards not working on their electronic sewing machines and cameras.

I tried the Olympus site; do not see them selling Smart Cards. I also tried Best Buy.

Questions:

1) Are Smart Cards still available and which would be the best to purchase.

Thank you

connie189

Thank you for your reply and info. Much appreciated. :)

Just wondering what newer cameras are using for memory?

plodr

Liz
My slightly newer cameras use sd cards. The HP from 2004 can only use cards with a max capacity of 256MB. You have to search for anything that small. The Canon from 2008, can use sd and sdhc cards though I don't know the maximum size. I suspect it might be 512 MB.
I rarely pull out either camera. I tend to take pictures with my phone or 8" android tablet instead. Both of these devices have an additional micro sd card where pictures are placed so as not to use up the internal storage.

In fact I purchased a slide scanner and it used an sd card to store the scanned slides. I then removed the sd card and could copy the pictures to a computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online