1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

smart tv

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Hardunger, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hardunger

Hardunger Thread Starter

I have iMAC computer - d-link wi-fi and can connect to the computer - EXCEPT it can't open network which is I believe the final step - have been trying for a few weeks - let alone getting problems resolved with Verizon - I have given up believe it or not - help would be truly appreciated

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have any other devices connected to the PC or just the mac

whats the make and model of the modem
    and whats the exact model of the d-link router ?

3. Headrush

Headrush

Need more details.

Title says "smart tv" but I don't see info on a TV in your post.

Usually the computer makes the connection to the wifi router. So does this mean on the iMac under Wifi network it sees the network from your Wifi router and sucessfully establishes a connection?

Can you explain this better?
    Do you mean, it appears connected to the WiFi network but you can't surf web pages?

What version of OS X are you using?

If you go into System Preferences -> Network, click the Wifi connection, then click Advanced button, then click the Advanced tab, what values are showing for: Configure IPv4, IP Address, and Router?

4. Hardunger

Hardunger Thread Starter

Let's see now - the iMAC is wi-fi - I have a Brothers wi-fi and wired directly connected - son has computer upstairs and he uses my printer.Verizon just sent me their newest D-Link router-modem - the router-modem sits about 8 feet away - Verizon is coming out Wednesday to check phone line - net work keeps going iin and out - at one point I found via speed test the speed was not even up to minimum so Verizon increased - and that is ok.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so whats the status now ?
    what exactly are we now trying to resolve ?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice