Smartdrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Angel McD

Hi People!
I'm really stupid when it comes to computers and I need help! I have an old computer at home that is running Win 95. I've had it being cleaned of a virus' and when I plugged it all back in and turned it on it did some crazy stuff and then said it could not find exe.Monitor, now it is saying : 'You cannot load SMARTDRIVE when a shell program such as MS - DOS or win is running. Quit windows or the shell program then load SMARTDRIVE.'
I don't know what SMARTDRIVE is or why this prompt is coming up, or why something came up about exe.monitor - CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
Thanks! Stupid Angel McD:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi,

Try booting up your machine, and when you see the words "Starting Windows 95", start pressing F8. Then choose "Safe Mode" from the menu.
Are you able to get into Windows now? Please post back with results.

Good Luck

P.S-Are you sure you got rid of the virus?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi Angel, welcome to TSG.....

Go to Start, Programs, Startup and click on each item, one at a time, and see if one of them causes the error. If so, delete it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online