Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartPhone Manufacturer List

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  antwalmar 
#1 ·
Hi all

I have developed an Engineering Software App for SmartPhones and am expecting to receive big orders soon.

I will make the software available (a) as a download, (b) on the various online app stores and (c) I will sell the software pre-bundled onto the actual SmartPhone Device and ship to clients.

Question: As opposed to buying off the shelf SmartPhones wrt case (c) above, I'd be very interested in being connected to actual Smartphone Manufacturers (People with an actual Manufacturing factory - Not a wholesaler).

I'd be looking for Real Factory Based Manufacturers who could:

(1) Make a phone specifically for my customers. The main thing here would be to have a unique looking exterior even if they base the phone on the chassis and interior of an existing phone.
(2) Handle all the Hardware Registration and Licencing Procedures. I would not want to go through the trouble of having the hardware tested and approved for usage.
(3) Provide proof that all Hardware is legal for usage internationally
(4) Work with me to ensure that my Software is embedded onto the Device Software such that even a Hard Reset of the Device will NOT remove my software.

Google searches for SmartPhone Manufacturers always throws up SmartPhone Wholesalers, Alibaba, etc. I do not wish to deal with such. I will only deal with an actual SmartPhone Factory.

Appreciate any and all introductions to above.

Thanks. Tony.

Quality, Lead Time, Price. You can have any two ... Never all three.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's a ridiculously enormous leap to go from an application developer to a hardware manufacturer. There are countless part suppliers, contracts, regulations, etc. in manufacturing cell phones. You'll notice that the only companies making cell phones are very, very large corporations. It's not at all practical for a single person to venture into that marketplace.

#3 ·
Thanks for responding.

Just a few more points about what we doing:

(1) This year is the 20th anniversary since the launch of our highly successful, Revolutionary, Engineering Software Bundle which we are now ready to take to an international "audience". Just to add some perspective: our website is worth $50,000, we have a prestigious US plus European address, A tollfree number answered by 5 professionals, a Marketing team comprising more than 30 Professionals in place across the US alone, We have well structured courseware bundles that augment our core, etc. etc.

(2) Based on an uninterrupted 3.5 years in operation, we expect to sell close to 1 Million Handhelds per year going forward.

(3) We do not wish to become hardware manufacturers per se. All we really looking to do is to have a real manufacturer mould for us, a snazzy plastic enclosure that we could wrap around an already existing device and add our Name, Logo, CatchPhrase, Colors, etc to same.

(4) The perception to day (popularised by online app stores), is that software should cost just $1. That is ok when the whole world needs the product. However niche markets are much smaller, yet even "niche" customers sometimes expect software for $1. Making a profit on hardware (that can not easily be compared for price against other hardware) allows us to lower our software markup significantly.

(5) Following is a link to a company that, (even for small orders), can manufacture OEM and ODM SmartPhones (or so they say). I am looking for similarly styled companies (if they do indeed exist), so as to improve my options, bargaining position, etc. If anyone knows how I can get hold of more of the following kind of manufacturer links, please respond.

http://www.ceasy.org/china-oem-cell-phones-factory.html

Once again, Thanks.

Quality, Lead Time, Price. You can have any two ... Never all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.