SMC7004VBR Router problems!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Murdoc2k

hi, when I use this router it works fine but sometimes when I loag pages they take extra long like over 60 seconds and sometimes it says the webpage fails to load and whe I try it again after a while it loads fast again :(

when I play games like CS, I get spikes and at times flush packet warnings ....

Sometimes the connection problem from router is so serious, that my sister's msn messenger gets disconnected off the network!

Can anyone help? and why would something like this happen?

Murdoc2k

Originally posted by johnwill:
Are you sure it's the router?
yes... I've emailed the company b4 about some weird disconnection problems and about firmware upgrades not working... they say there is a "version 2" of this type router... and apparently I have it :(

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm still trying to figure out how you 100% for certain isolated this issue to the router. Have you tried another model, or directly connecting to the broadband modem?

Murdoc2k

Originally posted by johnwill:
I'm still trying to figure out how you 100% for certain isolated this issue to the router. Have you tried another model, or directly connecting to the broadband modem?
first of all, b4 I had router, I NEVER had issues loading webpages problems like such and I rarely get ping spikes

as of now...AFTER I GET THE ROUTEr

all these ping spikes happen... so, only router problem could explain this

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online