1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Smooth Scrolling

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DarkSkyRed, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarkSkyRed

DarkSkyRed Thread Starter

I read the forum and tried many things, which none I could get working. When I scroll, it's not smooth like it use to be. It's all jumpy. I have checked out my mouse settings. I am using an IntelliPoint 3.2. Everything in there I have changed and changed time and again, but ended up going to back to original settings because there was no fix. I desperately need to fix this as it is getting very annoying. Any new ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Smooth scrolling is a setting that has probably been reset. I can't honestly say how you set it without Tweak-UI, that's where I set it. You can obtain Tweak-UI for W2K from Microsoft, or a bunch of other sites on the web, it's under the General tab.

3. Dan O

Dan O

Are you using a P/S or USB mouse?

The problem can be caused by sharing IRQ 12, if you are using ar a P/S 2 mouse. Also try switching mouse drivers to a Microsoft PS/2 Compatible mouse. The IntelliPoint drivers are not normally needed.

4. DarkSkyRed

I will check on Tweak-UI and see if that helps. I am using USB for the mouse. Thanks and I will tell you how it goes.

5. Bvr01Fvr

Bvr01Fvr

Have you tried:

Right clicking on My Computer
    Selecting Properties
    Advanced
    Performance Settings
    Visual Effects

Different options can be tried in there!

6. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Are you using a third party skinning application?

I know that window blinds will apply a background to explorer windows that kill smooth scrolling. I had to remove the background to get my smooth scrolling back.

7. DarkSkyRed

I have tried the my computer settings and changing anything in there does not help at all. The background thing, not sure what you mean since all I have is the standard background. I am thinking it might be a java problem, not really sure. I am still working on fixing it and I won't give up. I thank everyone for the help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/100789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice