1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Smooth Scrolling!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Lococard, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lococard

Lococard Thread Starter

Hello,

I have Internet Explorer 6 and i got problems scrolling.

I can scrool and all with the scroll on my mouse but it seems to scroll like 5 lines at a time. And instead of actually scrolling the page, it pauses then moves 5 lines down.

I want smooth scrolling instead of skippign those 4 other lines it actually shows them but passes them quickly

2. southernlady

southernlady

This is actually a hardware problem, I think. At least it was in my case. I had to install the graphics driver for my video card and one for my monitor. And all my scrolling problems went away.

What kind of video card do you have and what kind of monitor? If you don't have a cd (which I didn't in the case of my monitor), go to the web site and download the file. The only reason I had the cd for the graphics card was that my husband had just bought the same card for his system. Liz

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There are a couple of settings that could affect this. The mouse driver usually has settings for the number of lines scrolled with the wheel, and smooth scrolling for IE is set in Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. There is a check for smooth scrolling there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/254480

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice