1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved SMPS pins are different for a new motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vijayjosephm, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vijayjosephm

vijayjosephm Thread Starter

I was using a DG41Wv Motherboard and recently upgraded to B250g. I was not able to use the SMPS from the old one. What can I do to use my motherboard?

Pictures attached.
    The first image shows the connector with 4 pins from my SMPS.
    The second image shows the connector on my motherboard with 8 pins. What can I do to solve this?

Please help.

Attached Files:

2. Bluertomb

Bluertomb

Did u try contracting the local hardware vendor before u post ?
    Because I believed they can offer more logical advises than any of the users here, don't u agree ?

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Amolex to 6pin.png I am assuming by SMPS you are talking about the power supply, You need to buy a newer power supply with a 6pin plug on it. Or if you trust your old supply you can get a Molex to 6 pin.
    Also if you are struggling with this you may need to get someone that is knowledgeable to help you upgrade. You do know you can't just put your old hard drive on the new motherboard and expect it to work with out reinstalling the operating system?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    vijayjosephm likes this.
  4. vijayjosephm

vijayjosephm Thread Starter

I was able to use the old smps with this new board.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice