SMTP not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oniro

I have a POP3 account which is receiving mail normally from my e-mail company but is not sending out my e-mails. That is HOTPOP.COM who has also paid services but mine is a free basic account. I have sent them 4 requests asking to check if their settings for my account are ok but they never answer because maybe they only have customer service for paid accounts.

My settings,at my e-mail client, are ok and acording to the configuration they recomend. Besides that, I have a POP3 Hotmail account which is working fine (Incoming and outgoing mail) from Outlook Express.

But when I try to send mail through Hotpop I get the following error message:

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.hotpop.com', Server: 'smtp.hotpop.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

I don´t know what this error message means. What can I do to solve this problem ?

Thanks for your help,

Oniro

Is HotPop your ISP? . . most ISP's will require you send mail thru their SMTP . . regardless of which POP address you receive it from.

wrs

oniro

No, I have a local ISP and SDL provider but is only for the broadband. Hotpop is only one of those free accounts provider, like Hotmail or Yahoo.I mind about this Hotpop account because I´ve had same e-mail address for years.

Thanks for your help.

Oniro

You will probably have to use the local ISP SMTP address to send mail. Because of the spamming problems, most ISP are no longer allowing third party SMTP addresses.

wrs

oniro

But the point is that still I have a Hotmail POP3 account with incoming and outgoing mail working smoothly from my client OutlookExpress. :confused:

Thanks again,

Oniro

bearone2

Banned
oniro said:
But the point is that still I have a Hotmail POP3 account with incoming and outgoing mail working smoothly from my client OutlookExpress. :confused:

Thanks again,

Oniro
thru outlook express, hotmail sets up its own pop/smtp servers.

you have to use the smtp server from your isp to send mail from this 3rd environment even though you can recieve from its pop server:cool:

try this site's
Internet & Networking // Web & Email forum...move the post there if no luck here.

oniro

Thank you all. I have solved my problem. The broadband provider told me about the new SMTP parameters, those being different from the set up configuration by Hotpop. The broadband supplier suddenly made the changes without notice.

Thank you Sequal17, Bobol, Bearone2 and Simpswr for your insights and help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online