1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SMTP problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DonW, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonW

DonW Thread Starter

I am using Pegasus Mail version 4.01
    I can receive mail but I can't send it. My SMTP settings are correct (I checked with my ISP).
    My ISP has already reset their SMTP but no change.
    I have checked for a virus or a trojan with the most up-to-date list but it came up clean. Here's the weird part....I can't send mail using Pegasus or Netscape....but if I go directly to my ISP's email web access I CAN send mail. I WAS running ZoneAlarm but I have unistalled it and removed every reference to it I could find in the registry but still no luck. It seems like port 25 is blocked but I don't know how to check (if that's possible). The error message I get inPegasus is actually a "timeout" error saying that my mail server didn't respond. So I set the timeout value to 45 seconds but it didn't help. PLEEEEEASE!!!....any ideas??
    By the way.....it was working fine until about 3 weeks ago but I haven't installed anything in that time period. It just plain stopped working!
    HELP!
    One more thing.....I can't Telnet to my ISP's mail server either through port 25....but I CAN simply ping it.

2. Del

Del

Hi,
    I have run into something similar in the past. Even though you uninstalled ZA it can block ports. Try reinstalling it, set everything to open so that you have full access to the net and nothing blocked, then uninstall again. It worked a couple times I know of.
    Del

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice