SndVol32.exe missing ?????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Yeehaakankin

Well i've tried to get my hLogitech headset going but i cant find the SndVol32.exe file which is missing??????? I don't know where the hell it has gone but i need to know where i can find it or where it has gone. Or should it be on the initial disc for windows XP!!
Help needed
Cheers Adam

you need to copy the sndvol32.exe image from your commercial XP installation media (not a vendor-supplied "recovery" CD-ROM) to the system32 folder by performing the following steps:

Start a command session by clicking on the Start button then clicking on Run. In the Run box type cmd then click OK

Navigate to the CD-ROM drive by typing
cd d:
or whichever drive letter your CD drive is listed under
press Enter

Navigate to the i386 folder by typing
cd i386
Press Enter
Expand the sndvol32.ex_ file by typing
expand -r sndvol32.ex_ %systemroot%\system32
Press Enter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online