Snugtv

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robm1955

I have Snug tv installed on my pc at home, and should be able to watch tv from my tuner, anywhere. I can log on and watch tv through Firefox, on my pc, but if I try to watch it on my pc at work, I get the message,'Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the required video codec is not installed on your computer'. Snugtv doesn't actually open up Windows media player, so how can I find what codec it's after, and resolve the problem. My pc at home is running Vista, but the one at work, is XP.

DoubleHelix

Banned
It looks like a browser function, so a stand-alone media player isn't going to help.

The more likely scenario is that your employer doesn't want you to watch TV at work so they've blocked streaming video resulting in a flakey error message.

Unless this is a family owned business, I would suggest not taking this issue to the IT department in this economy.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Unless this is a family owned business, I would suggest not taking this issue to the IT department in this economy.
I would definitely check if the business is well rated on the stock market first... :D

Robm1955

No it's not blocked, we are allowed to go on at lunchtime. It is a browser issue, but I don't know how to resolve it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts