1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Snugtv

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Robm1955, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robm1955

Robm1955 Thread Starter

I have Snug tv installed on my pc at home, and should be able to watch tv from my tuner, anywhere. I can log on and watch tv through Firefox, on my pc, but if I try to watch it on my pc at work, I get the message,'Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the required video codec is not installed on your computer'. Snugtv doesn't actually open up Windows media player, so how can I find what codec it's after, and resolve the problem. My pc at home is running Vista, but the one at work, is XP.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You can either try the free and highly recommended VLC Player, or if you insist on Windows Media Player, download the free K-Lite Codec Pack.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It looks like a browser function, so a stand-alone media player isn't going to help.

The more likely scenario is that your employer doesn't want you to watch TV at work so they've blocked streaming video resulting in a flakey error message.

Unless this is a family owned business, I would suggest not taking this issue to the IT department in this economy.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I would definitely check if the business is well rated on the stock market first... :D

5. Robm1955

Robm1955 Thread Starter

No it's not blocked, we are allowed to go on at lunchtime. It is a browser issue, but I don't know how to resolve it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice