1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

So called "hidden" fonts problem (win7 x64)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Keeyu, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeyu

Keeyu Thread Starter

Hi all and have a great new year [​IMG]

I have a weird problem on a comp running win7 ultimate x64:
    I use virtualdub, mostly for hardsubbing
    When I first launch VirtualDub and access my subtitling plug-in (TextSub 2.23), all my installed fonts are showing and work just fine
    If I close VirtualDub and open it again, the system won't let me access the fonts, saying that they're hidden (but they're not: I double checked this in W7's settings)
    The fonts are still perfectly showing and working in everything else (Photoshop, ect...)
    The only way to get to the fonts in VDub again is to reboot the computer

This is pretty annoying...

Everything else works ok on the computer which does not seem to have any problems (viruses, ect...)
    The system has been recently installed (new comp built from scratch) and is using ESET security suite (not that it could interfere but to say I'm pretty sure it's not infected)

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this?
    Thanks [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice