1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

So Confused!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Gracie27, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gracie27

Gracie27 Thread Starter

Hello! This is my first time on this site. In fact, this is my very first computer and I really have a lot of questions. But I'd like to start off by asked this if I may.....
    This site is nothing like I expected, I thought tech support was like an actual company, or business, where I wrote in and some one (who's job this is) answered me. Looks like to me, this is a large chat room with regular folks in it, is that right? And if so, how protected is this site?

2. uhaligani

uhaligani Guest

If you look at the various forums on the site, you will quickly realise it is not only a chat site. There are a large percentage of the forums where help is offered, according to the requirements (Which OS etc) In most of them you can freely exchange views with other members.
    What do you mean by "how protected is it" All the entries, gossip or otherwise, are assumed to be legit and up front.

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi Gracie27

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Yes, this forum is for anyone with Internet access who has a question about computer hardware or software. We have other forums where members share ideas or debate and another forum where members can request help for non computer related issues.

As for whose job it is to answer your questions, we are not affiliated with any manufacturer, nor do we punch a time clock or receive monetary compensation for helping.
    This community is completely voluntary, we give our free time to assist others who request help.

How protected is this site? Anything you post here becomes public information.
    Posting your e-mail address would not be wise.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice