1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

So Darn Frustrating

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ww2spartan, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ww2spartan

ww2spartan Thread Starter

Ok. I am really pissed off at Vista now. I download WLM(windows live messenger) and every time i open it or try to sign in it FRICKIN CRASHES! I tried microsofts work around and went from 8.0 to 8.1 and then to 8.5 and still, it crashes.

Help!!!!!! I have to maintain a social life!

2. helpmerick

helpmerick

Vista does suck pretty badly. I think your best and least problematic option is to use System Restore to set your computer back to BEFORE you installed the first copy of WLM. Download a new copy, make sure no other programs are running (especially WLM) and try reinstalling.

Shortest point between problems and solutions are often skipped...don't get stuck in a troubleshooting frenzy that lasts days and days.

Good luck.

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

Vista has been working pretty well since June 2007 for me.

On the other hand, Windows Live Messenger is a pretty pathetic substitute for a social life!

4. helpmerick

helpmerick

I have had Vista since February as well...an although it works "pretty well", if I didn't have to learn and support the POS, I would gladly stay with XP. On the plus side, Vista pushed me into learning a lot more about Linux, and I see a lot of advantages of a Linux box over Vista and even XP.

Good luck.

5. uhaligani

uhaligani Guest

I would suggest a moderator cuts this thread immediately. There are so many similar threads now, comparing the merits and dissatisfaction with Vista, it no longer makes interesting reading, and has no useful input.

6. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed

I suggest we cut hoolighan immediately, and allow the OP the opportunity to get the problem solved.

7. uhaligani

uhaligani Guest

OK So lets see some help!
    I was trying to make a sensible suggestion but it was trsashed.
    The last thread like this started with a request for help, and after 23 postings, only one, unsĂșccessful, offer of help was made. The remaining postings were merely opinions on Vista, half of which led into quite sensitive written arguments.
    Hi Spartan. Try updating your Flash Player with the latest release, if you havn't already done so. Its here:
    http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html)

Maybe this will lighten the mood:
    http://www.blimptv.net/mostpopularV1.html

8. helpmerick

helpmerick

The solution is in POST #2 of this thread.

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

ww2spartan, I also suggest a visit to the TSG Rules. I edited the profanity out of your subject, please try to control yourself. There is no need for profanity, the English language is rich enough to express technical issues without it.

10. ww2spartan

ww2spartan Thread Starter

in regards to post 2, how would i do that?

i just got this computer

11. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

So you want to do system restore right? Go to Start Menu, Accessories, go to System Tools, System Restore.

12. helpmerick

helpmerick

Recapping my first post (#2 above):
    I think your best and least problematic option is to

1) use System Restore (Start --> All Programs --> System Tools --> System Restore) to set your computer back to BEFORE you installed the first copy of WLM.
    2) Download a new copy (of WLM),
    3) Make sure no other programs are running (especially WLM) and try reinstalling.

Good luck...

13. mrss

mrss Guest

On my HP Vista PC

It's left click on ...
    Start > All Programs > Accesories > System Tools > System Restore

LOL. Been looking for a "short cut" to it. Normally, I go into HP's Help & Support screen and 10 or 20 key clicks later, I find system restore.

14. helpmerick

helpmerick

oops...forgot the Accessories. Sorry about that.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice