So does Windows 10 updates the chipset drivers auto???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AadamPervaiz

so my pc specs are following..
core i7-2600 3.4ghz
16gb ram
gtx 1070 8gb
got an ssd and few hdds

so what i want to know is that i have a intel motherboard and i have windows 10 installed on it
so when i check for driver updates via driver pack solution it gives me like 10 drivers out of which some seem to be important chipset drivers but windows 10 dosent update or install those or does it thats what i wanna know..

Sorry for my bad english its not my language i am doing my best...

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You are asking for trouble by using a third-party scanner to look for and install driver updates.
They are notorious for providing incorrect and outdated drivers.

If you have a factory-brand computer, you should look for driver updates at its support site.
If you have a self-built computer, you should look for driver updates at its motherboard's support site.

A description of your computer or its motherboard would be helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------

AadamPervaiz

Thanks for your help.....
here is a pic of my pc info...

edited by moderator for correct link

Last edited by a moderator:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Your Intel DQ67SW motherboard was introduced about 7-1/2 years ago and has an Intel Q67 chipset.
HERE is the Intel driver downloads site for it.
As you can see, it has no driver downloads (including chipset) for Windows 10 32/64-bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Triple6

Rob
All the drivers you need for the motherboard are included in Windows 10 for that particular chipset.

Also, don't use third party driver updater. Either manually install drivers as you need them or use the manufacturer's tool if they have one. Intel does have a driver updater.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online